These Nutella Kinder Bueno Brownies are perfectly fudgey and oh so gooey! I've stuffed them with Kinder Chocolate Bars and Kinder Bueno Bars, then I've swirled some Nutella spread on top. They are absolute chocolate hazelnut heaven! Read on to find out how to make these brownies, plus information on using different tin sizes.
How to make Nutella Kinder Bueno Brownies
Melt the butter and dark chocolate together on a low heat, then leave to cool for 10 minutes. Whisk the eggs and brown sugar together using an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and mix in.
Slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture, whisking as you pour. Then mix in the flour. Gently stir in the chopped up kinder chocolate bars and kinder bueno bars, then pour the whole mixture into the baking tin.
Add the Nutella on top in blobs, then use a knife to swirl it into the brownie batter.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cocktail stick poked into the centre comes out with moist crumbs on it, but is not wet.
Can these brownies be baked in different size tins?
Yes! All you need to do is adjust the baking time. Bake for 20 minutes if using a 9" x 12" traybake tin, 30 minutes if using a 9" square tin, or 40 minutes if using a 8" square tin. Test they are done by poking in the centre with a cocktail stick. It should come out with moist crumb on it, but not be wet. I haven't tried them in any other sized tins yet, but in theory you can bake them in any tin, the differences will be the baking times and the thickness of the brownies. I wouldn't recommend using anything smaller than an 8" square tin though.
What type of chocolate is best for brownies?
It’s hard to give an exact answer, because it depends on personal preference, but most dark chocolates will work well. I would always say to use a dark chocolate that you like to eat. One of the main ingredients of this recipe is melted dark chocolate, so it contributes massively to the flavour of the brownies. If you prefer a very dark chocolate that’s less sweet then use a higher cocoa bar, for example 70% cocoa and higher. If you prefer a milder dark chocolate, then a cocoa content around 40-50% will suit you better.
One chocolate I would avoid using is cheap cooking or baking chocolate. You can get good quality baking chocolates (for example Lindt make one, and I have made amazing brownies with it) but any cheaper lower quality brands can taste very ‘fake’.
For more tips on making brownies, check out my Chocolate Brownie making guide!
More tips for making the Nutella Kinder Bueno Brownies:
- If you liked, you could also stir some chopped hazelnuts into the brownie batter
- If you don't have light brown sugar, you can also use caster sugar.
- For all of the answers to more questions about brownies, check out my Chocolate Brownies guide.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Nutella recipes...
- Nutella Bueno Loaf Cake
- Nutella Meringue Roulade
- Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart
- Nutella Baked Donuts
- Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls
- Nutella Bueno Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Nutella Cheesecake Blondies
- Nutella Bueno Cupcakes
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Cherry & Nutella Chocolate Cake
- Nutella Popcorn
- Nutella Cake
- Nutella Popsicles
Nutella Kinder Bueno Brownies
- 350 g Dark chocolate
- 250 g Butter
- 250 g Light brown sugar
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract optional
- 120 g Plain flour
- 200 g Kinder chocolate bars chopped up
- 3 Kinder Bueno bars chopped up
- 125 g Nutella spread
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C Fan/180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 12" x 9" tin
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a pan on a low heat. When fully melted, stir together and remove from the heat. Let it cool for 10 minutes
- In a mixing bowl use an electric mixer to whisk together the eggs, light brown sugar and vanilla extract for 5 minutes until thicker and paler in colour
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly as you pour it in
- Add the plain flour and whisk in gently with a hand whisk until you can't see any more flour
- Gently mix the chopped Kinder chocolate and Kinder Bueno bars into the brownie batter
- Pour the batter into your lined tin. Add spoonfuls of the Nutella spread all over the brownie batter, then use a knife to swirl it into the batter
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cocktail stick poked into the centre comes out with moist crumbs on it, but is not wet
- Let the brownies cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing up
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place and eat within 3 days
If you like this, check out more of my Brownie recipes!
I'm linking this recipe up with Cook Blog Share.