I’ve been dreaming about making these Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls for a while. They are made from soft enriched bread dough that I’ve filled with Nutella and fresh raspberries. The sweet chocolate goes so well with the fruity raspberries, it’s a combination I’ve had on toast many times before and really enjoyed! The process is similar to making cinnamon rolls, just the filling is different – but no less delicious! They’re amazing warm fresh from the oven, or you can reheat them later and have them with ice cream.
How to make Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls…
I started by putting the plain flour, fast action yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl, then stirred them together. In a pan I warmed up the milk and butter until the butter melted, then I added the vanilla extract. I let the mixture cool for 5 minutes, then whisked the egg into it.
I poured the milk mixture into the flour mixture and brought everything together into a sticky dough. To knead the dough, I popped it in my mixer with the dough hook attachment for 10 minutes. Then I placed it in a covered oiled bowl to rise for 1 hour.
When it had risen, I rolled it out to a size of about 40 x 30cm (16 x 12″). I spread the Nutella over it, then added the raspberries which I cut in half.
I rolled the dough into a sausage shape and used a sharp knife to cut it into equal pieces, marking out the pieces before I cut with a ruler.
I covered them again and left them to rise for an hour.
They baked for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
For extra yummyness I drizzled warm Nutella over the Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls, and sprinkled on some freeze dried raspberries.
The Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls were so tasty! Especially warm from the oven! The bread was super soft, and the sweet Nutella and juicy raspberries were so perfect together.
Recommended equipment & ingredients*
|Traybake tin||Mixing bowls||Cooling rack|
|Kitchen scales||Metal dough scraper||Stand mixer with dough hook|
|Rolling pin||Fast action yeast||Silicone mat|
|Nutella spread||Freeze dried raspberries|
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy the products after clicking on the links. You will not be charged anything extra for this. Thank you for supporting The Baking Explorer!
More Nutella recipes…
|Nutella Bueno Cupcakes||Cherry & Nutella Chocolate Cake||Nutella Cake|
|Nutella Bueno Cheesecake (No Bake)||Nutella Stuffed Cookies||Nutella Cheesecake Blondies|
|Nutella Popcorn||Nutella Bueno Loaf Cake||Nutella Baked Donuts|
|Nutella, Banana & Marshmallow Tart|
Raspberry & Nutella Bread Rolls
For the dough
- 550 g Strong white bread flour
- 1 Sachet Fast Action yeast (7g)
- 4 tbsp Caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 285 ml Semi skimmed milk
- 75 g Butter or baking spread
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the filling
- 200 g Nutella
- 200 g Fresh raspberries
For decoration (optional)
- 1 heaped tbsp Nutella warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds
- 2 tsp Freeze dried raspberries
- Put the plain flour, fast action yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make sure that the salt and the yeast do not directly touch each other. Stir together
- In a pan on a low heat, warm up the milk and butter until the butter melts, then add the vanilla extract. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes or until lukewarm, then whisk the egg into it
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and bring everything together into a sticky dough
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes either by hand on a floured surface or in a mixer with the dough hook attachment
- Place the kneaded dough in a oiled bowl covered with cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size
- Roll out the risen dough into a rectangle measuring roughly 40 x 30cm (16 x 12").
- Spread the Nutella over it, then cut the raspberries in half and add them on top of the Nutella
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape from the longest side, used a sharp knife to trim the ends then cut it into equal pieces. You can mark out the pieces before you cut with a ruler, you want them about 1 inch thick
- Place the cut rolls into a lined traybake tin (I used a 12" x 9" one), cover them loosely with cling film and a tea towel and leave them to rise for 1 hour
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C Fan/200C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown
- Drizzle with warm Nutella and sprinkle over the freeze dried raspberries if using
- Serve immediately, store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days. The buns can be frozen without the decoration
NB. This post is NOT sponsored by Nutella – I just love their product!
If you like this, check out more of my Bread recipes!
Pin for later!